COMBI “Communication competences for migrants and disadvantaged background learners in bilingual work environments”
The goals of COMBI project are to develop innovative and inclusive/systemic practices and methods focused on acquiring communication competences in the languages required in the workplace. It takes into consideration the multilingual reality of European regions. The aim of the method is not to acquire full competences in two or more languages, but to make sure that the regional language is taken into consideration as far as it fulfils language requirements in the workplace.
Multilingualism and Language learning
Mercator European Research Centre
Jorrit Huizinga, Cor van der Meer
DG Education and Culture – Erasmus+ Programme, KA2 Strategic Partnerships for Adult Education
The partners of the project will:
- develop a Need Analysis of the target groups’ educational needs;
- develop training modules;
- develop a pilot training;
- monitor the impact of the COMBI method on end-users’ attitudes and practices;
- multiply events to disseminate the results of the project.
COMBI Multiplyer Event
On June 7 and 8 2017, the COMBI project organizes its first conference. The objectives of the Conference are:
- To share the work done until now in the field of “language teaching for migrants in the workplace”,
- to share good practices from all over Europe (with a certain focus on the Basque Country, due to the location of the meeting).
If you would like to attend this conference, than please register via this link. Deadline for registration is June 1st 2017. The conference is free of charge.
Click here for the programme.
Two times a year, the COMBI project publishes a newsletter with updates about its activities. You can register for this newsletter on the COMBI website. The newsletters can be downloaded here: