Initiated by the interrelated networks LANGSCAPE and ENROPE and organised as an Erasmus+ Blended Intensive Programme (BIP) in cooperation with six European partners, this Winter School invites early career researchers to explore pluri-/multilingual teaching practices to further teacher and student learning in language education contexts.
It will take place at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and provide participants with rich opportunities to:
• learn more about and discuss pluri-/multilingual research and pedagogy with experts and peers
• advance their individual research projects
• become a part of a sustainable international collaborative network
The Winter School 2023 consists of two parts:
• a half-day online event (Jan 2023, exact date soon)
• a 5-day face-to-face joint research stay (Feb 27 - Mar 3, 2023)
Early career researchers (PhD) and MA students with a focus on pluri-/multilingual education. Projects at all stages of progress will be considered.
• participant-driven formats for professional exchange and feedback
• keynote lectures by leading experts in the field
• school visits
• seminars and workshops on various topics related to research on plurilingual teaching practices, e.g. research methodologies and ethics, language policies, language teacher development
WHY TO APPLY?
• meet and discuss your own research with peers from across Europe
• jointly explore multilingual teaching practices from perspectives inspired by ENROPE & LANGSCAPE (e.g. the Integrated Plurilingual Approach)
• take your chance to become part of a well-established international research network dedicated to pluri-/multilingualism
Please send a short abstract (max. 300 words) with your name, project and a short bio to Dr. Tomas Kos at firstname.lastname@example.org
Oct 14, 2022
There is a scholarship option for applicants from international project partner institutions.
- Universitat Ramon Llull Barcelona
- Université Sorbonne Nouvelle Paris 3
- Vrije Universiteit Brussels
- Mercator European Research Centre on Multilingualism and Language Learning (Fryske Akademy), Leeuwarden
- Goethe-Universität Frankfurt
- Universität Siegen.