On this page you will find the presentations of the speakers on the Mercator Network Conference that took place on September 17/18 2009.
Presentations on film and in PowerPoint
Film: click on the name of the presenter to open the film.
PowerPoint: click on the title of the presentations to open the PowerPoint.
Thursday September 17
Guus Extra, Tilburg University from Tjeerd Rintjema on Vimeo.
- Guus Extra, Tilburg University. Prof. Guus Extra, Tilburg University, the Netherlands: Inclusive perspectives on minority languages in multicultural Europe
- Dr. Ian Johnson, Plaid Cymru: An immigrant language in South America – The status of Welsh in Argentina as a regional minority language compared with European immigrant languages
- Prof. Dr. Havva Engin, Fachhochschule Bielefeld – University of Applied Sciences: Family Literacy Programs for Migrants – Promoting Bilingualsim and Enhancing Parent-Child Book Reading
- Dr. Alasdair MacMhaoirn, Lecturers, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, Slèite, Isle of Skye: Using Gaelic and Encouraging the Spirit
- Francesca La Morgia, Bilingual Forum Ireland: Bridging the gap between researchers and the community
- Silvana Schiavi Fachin, International Centre on Plurilingualism, University of Udine, Italy: Involvement of immigrant children in plurilingual education at primary school level: the Friulian case
Friday September 18